|Camp Grounds||Camp Facilities|
Camp Caritou is a 45 acre property located near the town of Bonfield, just east of North Bay, Ontario, Canada.
The camp grounds feature pristine Northern Ontario forest, wide open grass fields, and a natural shoreline to Lake Nosbonsing – one of the north’s hidden freshwater jewels suitable for swimming, fishing, recreation boating, and all sorts of on-the-water fun.
- Winterized dorm-style cabin. Fully-accessible (ramp), electricity, gas furnace, hot and cold running water.
- Large kitchen with stove, fridge, pots pans and cooking utensils, cupboards / pantry for food storage. Suitable to prepare meals for mid-sized groups (25 –60 people).
- Large BBQ
- Multi-user washroom facilities with washrooms, sinks and showers.
- Two (2) sleeping quarters for main group. 6 bunk beds per room (giving a total of 24 berths) each with vinyl-coated foam mattress for easy clean-up.
- Sleeping quarters for smaller group, 3 bunk beds (giving a total of 6 berths) each with vinyl-coated foam mattress.
- Activity/Gathering room. Large open space centrally located with easy access to all other rooms. Tables and chairs to accommodate a maximum of 30 people overnight (more for day use only). Storage cupboards. Windows providing ample natural light during the day, large wall-mount and overhead lights for nighttime gatherings.
- Permanent timber-framed, single-roofed structure on concrete pad.
- Picnic tables available.
- Event tent rentals available through our partners “The Bonfield and Distric Lions Club” contact firstname.lastname@example.org.